Health screening is the process of undergoing different tests and procedures, which medical specialists use to identify health conditions at an early stage. These tests look for a variety of different health conditions, including cancer, heart disease, diabetes, other chronic diseases and fertility issues. Depending on your age, gender, health and risk factors, there are many screening packages which may suit your needs. Talk to your doctor about which tests may be right for you.
These can include:
- Comprehensive blood test, including analysis for cancer markers
- Urine and stool analysis
- Chest x-ray
- ECG, which detects heart problems
- Pap smear (for women), which detects cervical changes that could indicate the beginning of cervical cancer
- Ultrasounds of different body parts/organs
- Mammogram (for women), to identify small changes within the breast which could indicate breast cancer
- Hormone profile
- STD screening
It is also important to receive a full physical assessment during your consultation. This information will assist your doctor to interpret the test results and allow you to ask questions or address any concerns you may have. By identifying health conditions early when you may not be experiencing symptoms, treatment can be delivered early, before the onset of any symptoms. At Icon Health Screening, we offer a range of comprehensive screening packages to suit all ages.